Saturday, March 26, 2011

On first summer showers

I don't understand why cupcakes are better when i bake out of a whim!There are times i have done hours of preparation and put in extra effort to just be able to successfully bake my own cupcakes and it has bombed!Although i always believe in going by the recipe to the hilt there is no exact reason why it didnt rise.And just of out of frustation over my futile mission i have sometimes repeated the same day to derive some logic to why my cupcake aren't coming out.I have relentlessly tried and when i hit the peak(or most often when my mom raises concern over wasting products) i just send my baking urge into hibernation.
At times when i make triffle out of the detriment remains which is not very often cause when it either turns out like an elixir or like an absolutely unappetising!
Baking is one of the things i love doing.I had always tried recipes from the some of the baking blogs(which introduced me to the blogging world) and a while later after a few experiments ended in disasters I went for a basic baking classes where i learnt to make cakes,brownies,pies,cookies and two types of frosting.
I gradually started baking on a regular basis and tried concocting different flavors.I still remember how kicked i was when i took out my first apple caramel cake out of the oven!I went on to bake my own b'day cake when i turned 20 which is when i attempted at icing for the first time. It was a pineapple pastry which looked like it made it through an earthquake,but tasted like it can erupt a volcanic appetite :)
Consequently i was thrilled and baked cakes for four birthdays within the family and some for my cousins and friends which i think amplified my decadent passion much.
Its raining outside and i have the kitchen to myself.Why not try a cupcake?My brother has a sudden obsession with coffee flavoured muffins that he brings home on his way back from work.Although it tastes alright,the surge of egg smelling from the still gooey part kinda puts me off.So i tried altering my chocolate cupacke recipe giving it a dash of coffee-y edge and cutting down on the egg(added milk).
This is what i was talking about....it came out scrumptious minus any prepping/fretting!I will just be happy for now after a fleeting reminder of murphy's law ran through my mind.
Choco-coffee cupacke
                                                                      All pictures are copyright to Not-so-wordy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.